Sunday 15 September 2013

NYFW- Part 2

Heres the second half of my favourite looks from New York for spring/summer '14...

Milly by Michelle Smith

After falling in love with Milly's autumn/winter 2013 collection I was extremely excited to see what their summer collection would be like. Boy was I not disappointed. The collection is filled with brights, mesh and Japanese and Hawaiian prints in feminine hourglass shapes. However my favourite look has to be the leather dungarees with a mesh top underneath. I need to get me a pair!



J. Crew

The head of J Crew's women's design said "He imagined a duality between the bold colours and Hawaiian florals of surfers on the Californian coast, set against European beach culture at the turn of the century, in particular, the Venetian coast, boardwalk promenades dressed in elegant eyelet whites and gondolier stripes". Kinda confusing right?! I can't think of a way to describe the whole collection after that. I just..err...well I just like the clothes! J crew is finally coming to London so I can finally swoon over their clothes in person.


Mara Hoffman

I have always loved Mara Hoffman's clothing especially her summer collections. That's rare for me to say since I am a massive winter fan but then again her bikinis are too die for so can you blame me? Every collection is always filled with incredible vibrant prints. Her clothing is always about having fun and being young and creative. She described her collection perfectly by saying "There's a Rainbow Warrior moment happening here". Is it just me or do you feel the need to watch Pocahontas after this? It may not be for every's cup of tea but I love her designs.


Jenny Packham

Jenny Packham came onto my radar after seeing Kate Middleton in her gowns. This collection stood out to me however not because of the beautiful embroidered and sequinned chiffon dresses (They are breathtaking aren't they?!) but because of the silky extra wide trousers, high necks, billowy ¾ sleeves and pussy bow necks. There is a real 70's feeling in this collection which I absolutely adore.



Again I'd like to ask what your favourite looks are? Have I missed any out that you loved?

PS. Who's been loving the looks from London so far? I know have! Tomorrow is Burberry's show. I can't wait to see what Christopher Bailey has in store for us. Heres the teaser for their show...


Burberry is always the show I look forward to the most in LFW. What about you?

8 comments :

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...