Friday 6 September 2013

Kinder Kookies


I cannot cook at all. Until a few years ago I had never even cracked an egg (I'm 21). I am pretty hopeless. Anytime I try to cook anything it’s usually ends up going wrong. One of the few things I can cook are cookies. I know that’s not much of an accomplishment since they are pretty idiot proof but when I make a batch, which actually tastes good I secretly feel like Delia Smith in the making. This is coming from the girl who somehow messed up a store bought mix of Betty Crocker chocolate chip cookies. They came out of the oven looking like a very thin layer of brownies. I still don’t understand how that happened they went into the oven looking perfect?! Anyway now I can finally successfully whip up a quick, simple batch that tastes heavenly! Rather than using chocolate chips I throw in my favourite chocolates, which is Kinder Chocolates.


 Heres what you will need to make a dozen:

  • 300g caster sugar
  • 200g melted unsalted butter
  • 1 large egg
  • 275g self-raising flour
  • A splash of hazelnut milk (Or whatever milk you have around)
  • 2/3 packets of 16 Kinder Chocolate (They are very sweet so use less if you don't want it to be too sweet)


Preheat the oven at 200°C in a conventional oven (220°C in a fan). Cut up your chocolate into chunks.


In a bowl cream together the melted butter and caster sugar. You can use a mixer. I always forget how much my arm kills when I don’t. I am really weak/lazy though...



Crack, whisk and add the egg to the bowl. Then continue to mix.


Chuck in the self raising and continue to mix it all up.


After throw in your chocolate to the bowl. How much you chuck in depends on your preferential batter to chocolate ratio. I like a lot in because to me you can never have too much chocolate!


I usually then add a bit of hazelnut milk to make it less dry. It also adds a hazelnut flavour to it which gives it a slight Kinder Bueno (Another favourite of mine) taste. 


Place onto a baking tray. Make sure they are spread apart since they will spread!



Once they are out of the oven leave them to cool. I usually can’t manage to wait longer than 5 minutes for them to cool, as I am extremely impatient. Oh yeah soooo I may have burnt these slightly. Lets pretend I meant them to be slightly crispy and it wasn't because I was too busy watching august favourite youtube videos...


Either bake the rest or place the rest in the fridge. Usually whenever I make them I make a massive batch and freeze half the batch. Just remember to roll them into little balls if you do otherwise its extremely difficult to take out pieces! Oh and you have to wait for them to defrost obviously. Then I can have cookies whenever I want, which is pretty much every other day. I even go through phases where I will eat only cookies for my meals. The cookie monster has nothing on me…


11 comments :

  1. yummy! i want some now :D
    Wish you a beautiful day <3
    Love Mona

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great recipe!! I have to try !!

    ReplyDelete
  3. omg yum yum yum!!
    would you like to follow each other?
    xx
    http://anoddgirl.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have such a craving for these now, the Kinder chocolate is my favourite! Great post :)

    Sami www.beautyaesthetic.co.uk x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well if you like kinder chocolate you should try kinder joy. Its amazing! I don't think you can get in the UK yet if you ever get your hands on some let me know so I can go there to stock up!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...